New England AAU Taekwondo is proud to organize this Officials Clinic to help organize referees in our area and to train new officials who are looking to get involved in the sport.
We want to ensure that the New England region is able to host high quality Taekwondo tournaments, and we understand that well-trained referees are at the heart of any good tournament. Our aim is to provide the most up-to-date training so that our participants can start the season well-equipped.
Saturday, March 23rd, 2024
This year’s Officials Clinic will be conducted by Master Alice DiPace.She’s one of the most experienced referees in our region, and one of few referees in the nation to hold World Taekwondo’s International Referee certification in both Kyorugi and Poomsae. If you’ve competed in the past 20+ years, you’ve probably seen her in action at various AAU, USAT, collegiate, and WT events.
ALL participants are required to complete the Official On-line Course prior to participating in the Officials Clinic. Master DiPace will be available to facilitate if you would like to take the On-line Course with us at our location before the Clinic starts. We highly encourage participants to join us to complete the On-line course with us in person.
- 12:00-3:00PM Take the On-line Course in-person with Master DiPace
- 4:00-6:00PM Officials Clinic (required) with Master DiPace
We will go over all of the hand signals and other required material during the Officials Clinic. Again, you must have completed the Officials On-line course before being able to participate in the 4-6PM Officials Clinic.
1. Obtain your 2024 AAU Non-Athlete Membership if you are over 18 years of age. This is not immediate and should be done well in advance of completing the On-line Course and the Officials Clinic. You may obtain membership at this link: AAU Membership If you are under 18 years of age, you will require an Athlete Membership.
2. Complete Official On-line Course ($39) OR Coach and Official On-line Course ($99). Click Here for On-line Course. If you are going to be both a coach and official this year, you have the option of completing the single course. Once completed, you will be certified as a Coach. However, to receive your Official Certification, the additional steps following must be completed. Please note that completing this on a phone is difficult and at the end of a course module, you must submit the questions that you answered during the course. If using any electronic device and those questions do not pop up to be submitted, look to the bottom of the video and you will see a star. Click on the star and the questions will come up to be submitted.
3. If you are not sure what your current official rank is, please go to the 2023 list or prior years at this link to confirm your current rank. AAU – Taekwondo Certified Officials
4. Before attending the Official Clinics, you must complete the Official Application with the date of the clinic you are attending. Official Application is at this link: https://forms.gle/VFAx6mdfQPL6tNxH8